Administrator of a School and/or Program

These licenses or endorsements allow an educator to work as a School Administrator or School Program Administrator.
The relevant sections in Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) specifying the requirements to hold these license types are below:

Administrator of a School (Grades K through 12)

Administrator of a Program (Grades K through 12)

  • Programs include:
    • Nursing
    • Psychology as it is applied in a school
    • Speech Therapy
    • Physical Therapy
    • Occupational Therapy
    • School Counselor

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: How do I apply for a reciprocal School Program or Administrator license?
    A: For information on Reciprocity, please visit our New Teachers (out of state) section of the website.

    Q: How do I apply for a license?
    A: You must create an OPAL account and submit your electronic application and supporting documentation online to our office.

    Q: Do I have to take the Parental Involvement and Family Engagement coursework if I hold one of these license types?
    A: Yes.

    Q: What testing do I have to take for these license types?
    A: Testing is not required for Nevada licensure, but may be required by your college or university. Please check with your program for further information.