Nevada Department of EducationNevada Department of Education

    Secondary/High School Career and Technical Education Licenses

    These licenses allow an educator to teach specific occupational subjects in grades 7-12. There are two different kinds of Career and Technical Education licenses: Secondary Career and Technical Education and Business & Industry. The licenses may both teach in high school career and technical education assignments but the pathway to obtain the license is different. The documents below detail the requirements to obtain these licenses.

    You must meet all requirements for licensure which may include work experience.

    Only these courses will be accepted for removal of the Business and Industry license coursework provision requirements.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: How do I apply for a reciprocal license?
    A: For information on Reciprocity, please visit our New Teachers (out of state) section of the website. These are done on a case-by-case basis through the evaluation process.

    Q: How do I apply for a license?
    A: You must create an OPAL account and submit your electronic application and supporting documentation online to our office.

    Q: Do I have to take the Parental Involvement and Family Engagement coursework if I hold one of these license types?
    A: Yes.

    Q: What testing do I have to take for these licenses types?
    A: For testing information on any license types other than JROTC (which does not require testing); please visit: