Nevada Department of EducationNevada Department of Education

    Information About Official Transcripts

    The Nevada Department of Education requires all educators who are applying for licenses and/or endorsements to submit official transcripts to our office for every U.S. Department of Education accredited college/university attended. The reason for this is to properly do a full evaluation during the application process.
    The relevant sections in Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) specifying the transcript requirements are below:

    Official Transcripts

    To be considered “official transcripts” they must be issued by an accredited college or university and bear the college or university seal:

    • Transcripts do not need to be in a sealed envelope. 
    • If the transcripts you have are under previous or different name(s), please also submit to the NDE a copy of your marriage certificate(s), divorce decree(s), or other relevant court documentation proving the legal name change(s). You may upload this PDF document at the same time and in the same place where you upload the PDF copy of your Driver's license on your OPAL application, or you may send a PDF copy to our main email address: 
      • Failure to do this may result in delays of your application up to and including reapplication for licensure and repayment of the associated fees. 
    • Electronic transcripts will be accepted only if they are transmitted directly to the Department of Education from an accredited college, university, or a recognized clearinghouse such as e-Script. All electronic transcripts should be emailed to: 
      • Do NOT attempt to upload transcripts yourself. We will reject them.
    • A list of accredited institutions in the United States is available on the U.S. Department of Education's website:

    •  To send official paper transcripts to our office please send to this address 

              Nevada Department ofEducation 
              Officeof Educator Licensure 
              2080 E. Flamingo Road, Suite 210,
              Las Vegas, NV 89119

      Foreign Transcripts

      An applicant for a Nevada educator license who submits a foreign transcript (i.e. any transcript issued by a college or university outside the United States, except from a Canadian college or university which is in English) for consideration you must submit an evaluation of that transcript performed by an independent evaluation agency which has been approved by the Nevada Commission on Professional Standards in Education (NAC 391.050). That evaluation must include:   

      • A photocopy of the transcript(s) evaluated
      • An original course-by-course evaluationshowing degree equivalency, completed by an approved evaluation agency.
      • A photocopy of the translation of thetranscript(s), if not in English.

      The Nevada Department of Education will accept foreign transcript evaluations from the credentialing services: National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE), Global Education Group, Inc., or the Institute of Foreign Credential Services.

      External Links:

      Frequently Asked Questions

      Q: Why do I have to send or re-send the NDE transcripts that I had sent to the office many years ago to re-apply for my license?
      A: Our office only recently started to scan transcripts into our systems. If you held a license with the NDE previously and allowed your license to lapse, you are considered a new applicant for all intents and purposes and must re-submit any transcripts you may have previously sent us. We do not have a central repository for older paper transcripts beyond a certain period of years which is governed by the State’s retention schedule.

      Q: Why can I not upload my transcripts myself through OPAL?
      A: In order to follow Regulations and maintain the integrity of the documents, we must make sure that transcripts are official; they must be uploaded by our office staff. This means that we must have either original paper copies or have had the college/university/clearing house send the transcripts directly to our office via e-Script.

      Q: Will my foreign evaluations be returned to me?
      A: Yes, if you bring them to our office(s) in person or provide us with a self-addressed stamped envelope to return them to you.