Nevada Department of EducationNevada Department of Education

    School Social Worker License

    Thislicense allows an educator to work as a School Social Worker.

    The relevant sections in Nevada AdministrativeCode (NAC) specifying the requirements to hold this license type is below:

    SchoolSocial Worker 

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: How do I apply for a reciprocal School Social Worker license?
    A: For information on Reciprocity, please visit our New Teachers (out of state) section of the website.

    Q: How do I apply for a license?
    A: You must create an OPAL account and submit your electronic application and supporting documentation online to our office.

    Q: Do I have to take the Parental Involvement and Family Engagement coursework if I hold this license type?
    A: Yes.