K-12 Health Education
Health is an essential component of every students well-rounded educational experience. Health education in Nevada will provide students with the opportunities to learn critical knowledge, develop skills, and cultivate a mindset that enhances overall health and well-being.
The 2020 Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS) for Health were adopted by the State Board of Education in October of 2020. During the 2021-2022 school year, districts should begin aligning their curriculum to the new Health Standards. School districts are expected to fully implement the 2020 NVACS for Health beginning with 2022-2023 school year.
The 2020 NVACS for Health characterize what students should know and be able to do by the end of each grade or grade band.
The standards provide the necessary concepts, practices, and skills students need to achieve personal wellness and academic success. Our mission is to develop the health literacy of all Nevada students so they can lead a healthy and productive lifestyle.
- American Heart Association
- Adolescent and School Health
- CDC Body and Mind
- CDC Healthy Schools
- CDC Kids Health
- Erika's Lighthouse
- Kids Health
- RMC Health
- SHAPE Online Resources
- Smoke Screen
- Substance Abuse Programs (NRS 389.033)
- Virtual Healthy Schools
Laws and Statutes
- NRS 389.021 – CPR and AED
- NRS 389.031 - Personal Safety
- NRS 389.033 – Substance Abuse Programs
- NRS 389.036 – Sexuality Education
- Senate Bill 204 (2019) - Mental Health (Available Upon Request)
- Health and Physical Education Endorsement Information
- Secondary – Single Subject
- If you have specific questions regarding licensure or endorsements, please contact Educator Licensure at email@example.com.