Secondary-High School Career and Technical Education License

These licenses allow an educator to teach specific Career and Technical Education (CTE) subjects in grades 7-12. In addition to meeting the basic CTE licensure requirements outlined at the links below, an applicant must also meet specific requirements for each desired area of endorsement.
The relevant sections in Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) specifying the requirements to hold these license types are below:

Career and Technical License (Grades 7 through 12)

Please note, certain Regulations governing Career and Technical Education licenses have recently been amended, see below for important information pertaining to these license types:

Only these courses will be accepted for removal of the CTE requirements as indicated on the Approved CTE Course Matrix.

See below for the Nevada Department of Education CTE website.

You must meet all requirements for licensure which may include work experience.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I apply for a reciprocal CTE license?
A: For information on Reciprocity, please visit our New Teachers (out of state) section of the website. These are done on a case-by-case basis through the evaluation process.

Q: How do I apply for a license?
A: You must create an OPAL account and submit your electronic application and supporting documentation online to our office.

Q: Do I have to take the Parental Involvement and Family Engagement coursework if I hold one of these license types?
A: Yes.

Q: What testing do I have to take for these licenses types?
A: For testing information, please visit the Praxis ETS Website.