This licenses and endorsements allow an educator to teach a specific subject either at the grade level of their existing license, or at any grade level K-12, depending on the area of the endorsement.

The relevant sections in Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) specifying the requirements to hold these license or endorsement types are below:


Please note that regulatory changes went into effect on July 1, 2019 for Computer Technology-Based Applications (NAC 391.202) and Advanced Computer Science (NAC 391.196), this information is detailed in:

American Sign (K-12)

Art (K-12)

Audiological Services (K-12)

Bilingual Endorsement

Computer Technology-Based Applications

Computer Science, Advanced

Cultural Competency

Dance Endorsement

Drivers Education (9-12)

English Language Acquisition and Development (ELAD)

Foreign Language Endorsement

Great Basin Language (K-12)

Jobs for America's Graduates (JAG) (6-12)

JROTC (7-12)

Music (K-12)

Music Therapist (K-12)

Navajo Language and Government

Occupational Therapy

Physical Education (K-12)

Physical Education and Health (K-12)

Please note, there is a new Regulation which now governs a combined new Physical Education and Health endorsement, see the below Regulation Document for important information pertaining to this new endorsement:

Physical Therapy

Reading (K-12)

Social Emotional, and Academic Development (SEAD)

School Mental Health Professional

Teach English as a Second Language (TESL)

*Please NOTE: TESL is no longer offered for new licenses as an endorsement. All existing TESL endorsements have been updated to show on your license as English Language Acquisition and Development (formerly TESL). Those who currently hold the endorsement and do not allow their licenses to lapse are allowed to maintain the English Language Acquisition and Development (formerly TESL) endorsement. If you allow your current English Language Acquisition and Development (formerly TESL) endorsement to expire, you will need to meet the current English Language Acquisition and Development requirements. The English Language Acquisition and Development endorsement above superseded TESL effective June 28th, 2016.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: How do I apply for a reciprocal Special license or endorsements?
    A: For information on Reciprocity, please visit our New Teachers (out of state) section of the website.

    Q: How do I apply for a license?
    A: You must create an OPAL account and submit your electronic application and supporting documentation online to our office.

    Q: What testing do I have to take for these licenses and/or endorsements?
    A: For testing information, please visit the Praxis ETS Website.