In 2017, Assembly Bill 110 created the opportunity for schools in Nevada to participate in a competency-based education network and pilot program. This pilot program will allow schools to explore the use of competency-based education in classrooms. The task of the Competency-Based Education Network is to study how competency-based education could be offered across the state of Nevada.
What is Competency-Based Education (CBE)? CBE is a system of instruction by which a student advances to a higher level of learning when they demonstrate mastery of a concept or skill, regardless of the time, place, or pace at which the student progresses.
Pilot Program Participants
- Academy of Arts, Careers and Technology (Washoe County School District)
- Cheyenne High School (Clark County School District)
- Churchill County Middle School (Churchill County School District)
- Churchill County School District
- Incline High School (Washoe County School District)