At the end of the 79th Legislative session, the passage of Assembly Bill 110 creates the opportunity for schools in Nevada to participate in a competency-based education pilot program. This pilot program will allow schools to explore the use of competency-based education in classrooms.
What is Competency-Based Education (CBE)?
A system of instruction by which a pupil advances to a higher level of learning when the pupil demonstrates mastery of a concept or skill, regardless of the time, place or pace at which the pupil progresses.
Pilot Program Participants (Sites)
- Academy of Arts, Careers and Technology (Washoe County School District)
- Cheyenne High School (Clark County School District)
- Churchill County Middle School (Churchill County School District)
- Churchill County School District
- Incline High School (Washoe County School District)