School Improvement- The culture behind Nevada’s improvement planning embraces high expectations for each student and is built upon the foundation of the following beliefs:
- The work of schools is student learning,
- All children can benefit from challenging and relevant curriculum.
- Every teacher can be an expert when provided collaborative and sustained professional development focused on improving instruction.
- Content should be aligned to standards, be challenging, and be relevant.
- Key indicators of success are achievement/proficiency scores, graduation rates, dropout rates, percent of highly qualified teachers, and adequacy and equity of funding for all public schools.
- Improvement must be continuous.
- Parental support and involvement are critical to improved student performance.
- Effective use of data is critical to continuous improvement of teaching and learning.
School Designation Lists