Dual Credit

Dual Credit Request Process:

LEA’s must submit the following materials in ADA compliant format:

  • letter of intent (to include the name(s) of the higher education institutions)
  • MOU between the district and higher education institutions​
  • provide list of courses. ​
All documents must be submitted as ADA compliant. Otherwise, documents will be returned to the district.

Nevada Revised Statue:

NRS 389.160 Credit toward graduation from high school for courses taken at community college, state college or university.
  1. A pupil enrolled in high school, including, without limitation, a pupil enrolled in grade 9, 10, 11 or 12 in a charter school or a pupil enrolled in a program designed to meet the requirements of an adult standard diploma, who successfully completes a course of education offered by a community college, state college or university in this State which has been approved pursuant to subsection 2, must be allowed to apply the credit received for the course so completed to the total number of credits required for graduation from the high school or the charter school in which the pupil is enrolled or the credits required for receipt of an adult standard diploma, as applicable.
  2. With the approval of the State Board, the board of trustees of each county school district and the governing body of each charter school shall prescribe the courses for which credits may be received pursuant to subsection 1, including occupational courses for academic credit, and the amount of credit allowed for the completion of those courses.
  3. The State Board must not unreasonably limit the number of dual credit courses in which a pupil may enroll or for which a pupil may receive credit.


Mary Holsclaw