About Nevada Assessments
In alignment with both Federal and State education laws, the Nevada State Assessment System ensures all public school students, no matter where they attend public school, receive a quality education. Challenging academic standards and assessments were adopted by the Board of Education and State Legislature to effectively prepare and assess students’ readiness for success in a global 21st century.
- Grades K-3: Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
- Grades 3-8: Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBAC)
- Grades 5, 8 & HS: Science
- Grade 11: College and Career Readiness Assessments (ACT)
- Grades 3-12: Nevada Alternate Assessment (NAA)
- Grades K-12: English Language Proficiency Assessment (WIDA)
- Grades 4 & 8: National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
- Grades 9-12: Career & Technical Education (CTE)
For information specific to your district, please contact your district test director.