Nevada Department of EducationNevada Department of Education

    Secondary or High School License

    This license allows an educator to teach specific academic subjects in grades 7-12. An Applicant must meet the Secondary Academic requirements and the requirements for at least one major field of endorsement detailed in the documents below. Additional minor fields of endorsement may be added to an existing secondary license by meeting the requirements for each desired field.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: How do I apply for a reciprocal Secondary or High School license and endorsements?
    A: For information on Reciprocity, please visit our New Teachers (out of state) section of the website.

    Q: How do I apply for a license?
    A: You must create an OPAL account and submit your electronic application and supporting documentation online to our office.

    Q: What testing do I have to take for this license?
    A: For testing information, please visit the Praxis ETS Website.