Nevada Department of EducationNevada Department of Education

    Special Education Licenses and Endorsements

    This license allows an educator to teach exceptional pupils in a given area of specialization. See the list of available endorsements below for specific qualifications within each area.

    Interim Route to Certification

    This endorsement allows existing teachers with a valid provisional (non-ARL), standard or professional teaching license in early childhood, elementary, middle school, secondary, special education, or special teaching licenses to apply for an endorsement in special education and be placed in a special education assignment area for three years while they are completing coursework requirements for that endorsement area.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: How do I apply for an Interim Route to Certification Endorsement?
    A: Contact your District Human Resources office to start the process.

    Q: How do I apply for a reciprocal Special Education license and endorsements?
    A: For information on Reciprocity, please visit our New Teachers (out of state) section of the website.

    Q: How do I apply for a license?
    A: You must create an OPAL account and submit your electronic application and supporting documentation online to our office.

    Q: What testing do I have to take for this license?
    A: For testing information, please visit the Praxis ETS Website.