Early Childhood Innovative Literacy Program (ECILP)
The Early Childhood Innovative Literacy Program (ECILP) competitive grant application opportunity is now available. This opportunity encourages innovative approaches to early childhood education and prioritizes projects that show success in improving literacy and readiness for children under six years of age, as well as those that serve areas with a higher proportion of children in need. Funds awarded through the competitive application process are meant to supplement existing general funds, not replace them. Priority will be given to applicants who receive other funding from a private source or receive other funding from a federal grant.
There are two opportunities for applicants to apply for funding. Applicants may apply for one or both areas. Each area will be scored separately.
- Opportunity Area #1: funding to expand access to high-quality preschool. This opportunity is open to new and existing Nevada Ready! State Prekindergarten (NR!PK) sub-recipients.
- Opportunity Area #2: funding to establish an innovative new program or to expand an existing early literacy program that supports children less than the age of six, their families, and early childhood professionals.
- School Districts
- Sponsors of Charter Schools
- Non-profit Organizations
Round 2 applications are now being accepted. Applications will be accepted through Tuesday October 17 at 5pm.
Applications must be submitted through the following Smartsheet link: ECILP Application Submission
PowerPoint and Recording of 9/27 TA Session:
Recording: ECILP TA Session 9.27.23
- Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- Attachment A: ECILP Narrative Form
- Attachment B FY 24 Budget Summary & Narrative Template
- Attachment C: ECILP Certification
- Attachment D: General State Assurances
- Attachment E: FY 24 Pre-Award Assessment Questionnaire
- Reference ECILP Scoring Rubric
- Reference FY24 Budget Preparation Guidelines
- Reference NDE Chart of Accounts Supplemental Resource
- Reference Pre-Award Assessment Scoring Rubric