Please be cautious of:
- Digital resources that require teachers or students to create online accounts (whether verified through email or not)
- Digital resources that have copyright restrictions (many of these may also require account creation)
- Digital resources being shared by companies that have temporarily opened their paid for resources to use for free for a limited time (some but not all of these can also require account creation)
- Follow all district, state, and FERPA policies regarding the privacy of our students.
- Review all content prior to giving students assignments to ensure it is appropriate for your students.
Health and PE Resources
Health (Grades K-12)
Health (Grades 6-12)
Physical Education (Grades K-12):
The 2020 Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS) for Health were adopted by the State Board of Education in October of 2020. During the 2021-2022 school year, districts should begin aligning their curriculum to the new Health Standards. School districts are expected to fully implement the 2020 NVACS for Health beginning with 2022-2023 school year.
The 2020 NVACS for Health characterize what students should know and be able to do by the end of each grade or grade band.
The standards provide the necessary concepts, practices, and skills students need to achieve personal wellness and academic success. Our mission is to develop the health literacy of all Nevada students so they can lead a healthy and productive lifestyle.
All students have a right to a well-rounded education which includes Physical Education. Physical Education is an academic course that allows students to:
- learn a variety of motor skills,
- understand the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle,
- develop an awareness of body movement and function,
- learn rules and strategies from a variety of physical activities, an
- develop strategies to lead a physically active lifestyle.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend that children ages 6 through 17 years engage in at least 60 minutes or more of moderate to vigorous physical activity every day. Regular physical activity among students offers many benefits including:
- an increase in academic performance,
- better classroom behaviors,
- a reduction in childhood obesity,
- a decrease in the participation of risky behaviors,
- improve self-confidence and self-worth, and
- helps fight against chronic diseases
A Physical Education course gives students a dedicated opportunity to learn better and grow physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally. Physical activity is an essential component of achieving overall wellness. Our mission is to provide high quality and standards aligned Physical Education through positive experiences that will lead all Nevada students to be physically active now and into adulthood.