Secondary/High School Business and Industry License

These licenses allow an educator to teach specific occupational subjects in grades 7-12. A Business and Industry (B&I) endorsement may be issued in any program of Career and Technical Education (CTE) set forth in NAC 389.803, or in Ethnic Music, Ethnic Dance, Dance Performance, or Military Science.
The relevant sections in Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) specifying the requirements to hold these license types are below:

Business and Industry (Grades 7 through Adult)

Please note, certain Regulations governing Business & Industry licenses have recently been amended, see below for important information pertaining to these license types:

You must meet all requirements for licensure which may include work experience.

Only these courses will be accepted for removal of the B&I provisional requirements as indicated on the Approved CTE Course Matrix.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I apply for a reciprocal B&I license?
A: For information on Reciprocity, please visit our New Teachers (out of state) section of the website. These are done on a case-by-case basis through the evaluation process.

Q: How do I apply for a license?
A: You must create an OPAL account and submit your electronic application and supporting documentation online to our office.

Q: Do I have to take the Parental Involvement and Family Engagement coursework if I hold one of these license types?
A: Yes.

Q: What testing do I have to take for these licenses types?
A: For testing information on any license types other than JROTC (which does not require testing); please visit: